About Me

My photo
El Paso, TX, United States
Still Wondering What's Next? Anything at Anytime (I) has/have had a rough start to the year. Sorry for the delays in Posts and I Promise to do better. No Excuses as Life Must GO ON! So Keep an Eye Open... Oh, if you would like to follow on Twitter I am @DanWins2007.

Pageviews over Time

Search This Blog & Blogs I follow

Monday, August 16, 2010

A Well Deserved Thank You!

Anything at Anytime says Thank You!

Today's post may be short, or it may be long just depends on how much I can think of to Thank Many Hard working individuals.

As today is the first day back to work for my wife today - without students (that is next Monday), I would like to Thank Teachers.

Please understand this is for those Teachers that take an active interest in their students and their job.  There are some out there that just take the job as a job and don't try and don't care for anything but the paycheck.  I have seen them on my own and witnessed them walking down school halls.  Believe me when I say this - Students and People in general can tell a Teacher from a teacher.

For the Teachers out there that Really care for their students and are proud of their profession, I THANK YOU!

Thank You for:

  1. watching our kids day in and day out.
  2. making sure our kids have a safe place to go if they feel things aren't right or safe.
  3. Educating our children with all of the restrictions placed on you by state and federal regulations.
  4. Showing up to work every single day even though you feel like "crap".
  5. Dealing with those kids that just don't want to be away from "mommy" or "daddy".
  6. Having to put up with runny noses and scrapped knees.
  7. Making sure our children understand that with an education there are better things out there for us all.
  8. Putting up with those of us that are a challenge at times.
  9. and along with #8 having the Patients of Job
  10. Those Teachers that take their own money to ensure that those one or two students that don't have,  Have mysteriously.  
  11. The Teachers that see a student not as a kid that they have to suffer with day in and day out but sees the child as a person that has human issues outside of school.
  12. finding whatever way it takes to get the student(s) too understand.  (even though I personally have always had issues with "to" and "too" :) )
  13. Standing up for and Noticing that it is not always One child's fault.
  14. Encouraging our children to try to do their best.
  15. helping our children realize they have more Potential than they think.
  16. finding that thing that makes each kid tick and helping them understand how what you are teaching applies to that - example: a kid likes rockets but is having difficulty in science, once the kid knows that science got the rocket going he/she pushes harder to learn more.
  17. opening the minds of our children.
  18. dealing with sore feet because of walking around the classroom all day.
  19. doing extra work at home in order to be prepared for the next day
  20. and Most Important of All:   Being a TEACHER that CARES.


If you see yourself in this List - Thanks from a father and a former student
If you don't see yourself on this list and want to be there find a Teacher at your school and ask them how you might be better.  Personally, my first suggestion would be to realize that you might learn something from your kids.  Education is a two way street.

If you are not a Teacher, but can think of a few send this to them or mention their names here.

Personally I have several:

My wife Jacqueline, Coach and American History Teacher Mike Graham,
Coach and Physics Brenda Raley, Coach and World History Tim Knowles,
English and GT Jacquita Lewter, Speech and Spanish Janet Hayes,
Coach and Phys Ed. Jimmy Arendt, Texas History and then Elementary Principle Charles Brown,
This list could go on and on because I was one of the Lucky ones that landed in a school district full of fabulous Teachers and got one Hell of an Education.

Again  THANK YOU !!!!  TEACHERS

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Dan! Thank you so much for doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My roomie is a teacher... she is the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recently I was commenting to my husband that I thought doctors held the most important job position because they are responsible for saving lives. My husband (bless his heart) turned around and replied that I was wrong. He felt that (we) teachers held the most important job because a doctor was once a student who received encouragement and guidance from none other than a teacher!
    I know we touch lives, but sometimes we get caught up in all the politics of education and forget.
    Thanks for reminding us why our jobs are soooo important!
    -from a member of the TOY club (Liz Forti)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughter starts kindergarten next week in Austin, Texas. I hope she gets that teacher who makes every kid feel special and pushes them to do their best.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete

I have made a change and removed the word verification and your comments will go right up; HOWEVER, if I think it will "OFFEND" my other readers it will be removed.

Blogs I Follow

Blog Rankings

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blog Top Sites