About Me

My photo
El Paso, TX, United States
Still Wondering What's Next? Anything at Anytime (I) has/have had a rough start to the year. Sorry for the delays in Posts and I Promise to do better. No Excuses as Life Must GO ON! So Keep an Eye Open... Oh, if you would like to follow on Twitter I am @DanWins2007.

Pageviews over Time

Search This Blog & Blogs I follow

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Downer to a Pick me Up

Anything at Anytime sometimes takes a little outside inspiration.

Today was a downer day for some reason and I just could not get anything going.  I lazed around the house watched a couple of movies on TV and other than the one I just watched I can't tell you squadouche about what they were.

I have no idea if any of you have ever heard of it, I never had.  The movie is called The Amateurs with Jeff Bridges, Ted Danson, and William Fichter from 2005.  A Definite must for a few reasons.  I will let you discover most of them for yourselves.  I will tell you one that got me going and thinking.

Murphy's Law happens to everyone sometime or another.  It all depends on what you do with it after it has hit you that counts.  I watched the movie and I saw myself in it.  All except for the ending and the general plot.  The Murphy's Law hitting when you least expect it.

A few years back I bought into a web store and busted My Ass creating links and trying to build connections and getting listed in yahoo and google and all learning how to input keywords and all that crap in just the right way.  I actually got a few sales out of it.  We (Jackie and I) both busted our humps trying to keep paying what I owed for the site and struggled and struggled to keep it running but as Life would have it and Murphy's Law - that is when I started getting sick regularly and missing work more and more.

Start cutting here and cutting there, Robbing Peter to pay Paul and before you know it we couldn't keep up with everything.  Then I was diagnosed with Later Stage Emphysema and lost my job because of missing to much work.  That is when reality bit me/us in the ass.

Eventually in a sinking ship you have to start bailing and patching holes or everything is gone.  So I had to give up a few things that really hit hard.  Needless to say my credit is shot to shit and seemed (note: seemed) to waste a bunch of our money.

We have "buttoned down the hatches" and have patched all the holes that we can and have both begun bailing to get ahead of the ones we can't patch (like me).  Family has come to the aid a few times as well.  Honestly, that surprised the shit out of me.  You know who you are and THANK YOU!

One thing I can tell you is Failure happens to everyone sometime and if you haven't experienced it yet you are either Lucky as Sin or to young to really know Failure.  It is what you make of that failure or disaster that resulted in failure that counts.

Some of you that read me on a regular basis have asked in the forums "Why I push so hard to try and make this blog go and get "Popular""?  Well, I am not going to sit on my ass and do nothing.  I want to contribute something to my family even if it is just pennies on occasion.

41 years old and I never did learn to quit in a fight.  I get knocked down, I get back up.  I may get up slower and slower but I will always get up and keep going.  That attitude has gotten me into a ton of trouble but it has also saved me from disaster.  This is one of the good times and The Amateurs has that kind of attitude to it towards the end with great rewards.  Don't know why but for some reason it picked me up.

Again if you haven't heard of it or seen it you have to give it a view.

3 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of your post I immediately thought of a local politician called Alexander Downer for some reason. And as I read further I thought you could do with a smile so I found this link. Could say he too has experienced failure by only having a very short turn at being prime minister and being photographed in fishnet tights.
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/my-embarrassing-moments-alexander-downer/story-e6freol3-1225799764104

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have down days sometimes Danny Boy. I have had a few here in the past week or so. Someites I just feel blue.

    You know you always have a fan in me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on Annahs post (Red Means Go) and clicked on your pic. Glad I did. We all definitely have downer days and I agree, it's what we do with those days that truly counts in the end. I admire anyone who has the inner strength to keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete

I have made a change and removed the word verification and your comments will go right up; HOWEVER, if I think it will "OFFEND" my other readers it will be removed.

Blogs I Follow

Blog Rankings

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blog Top Sites