About Me

My photo
El Paso, TX, United States
Still Wondering What's Next? Anything at Anytime (I) has/have had a rough start to the year. Sorry for the delays in Posts and I Promise to do better. No Excuses as Life Must GO ON! So Keep an Eye Open... Oh, if you would like to follow on Twitter I am @DanWins2007.

Pageviews over Time

Search This Blog & Blogs I follow

Friday, June 18, 2010

Enjoy a View of Orion

Figured I would post another NASA space picture as "Eye Candy" and for you all to think about.

But before we get to the "Eye Candy" and what I wrote today Please do not forget to vote on "Topic Word" - there is still time until Noon on the 20th to vote for one of the 6 letter "Q" words. 

This one is a picture taken by the Hubble Telescope of the Orion Nebula.

For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere and wonder where Orion is:   Roughly it appears in the Eastern Sky in Spring and moves across From East to West until late Fall.  Simple Description is that it looks like an Hourglass tilted over on like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 

The picture is of the Nebula which is located at the belt of Orion which is a set of Three stars (visible to the naked eye) across the middle of the "Hour Glass". 

I find it amazing all of the various colors and designs that can be found in space and can understand where and how pictures like this inspire imagination and perspectives.


5 comments:

  1. This picture looks like something you can frame :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find pictures like this so amazing. It is a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pictures like these. My husband is into astronomy and I bought him several posters of similar pictures for a present years ago. I think I like them more than he does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hubble, the website is just fantastic I can browse it for ages. Fantastic picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Things we can't see sometimes can be the most Fantastic when we actually get the chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete

I have made a change and removed the word verification and your comments will go right up; HOWEVER, if I think it will "OFFEND" my other readers it will be removed.

Blogs I Follow

Blog Rankings

Lifestyle Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blog Top Sites